The best fall outfits for warmer weather

Autumn is a struggle. You’re torn between wanting to start wearing all of your cold weather clothes and wanting to wear the last of your summer outfits. The duality of the weather doesn’t help either, with some days being much warmer and much colder than others. Fortunately, there’s options for all weather when it comes to the fall. 

Printed trousers and a turtleneck

Maybe you’re looking to embrace more of a dark-academia vibe in your day to day outfits. A pair of plaid printed trousers is just the way to do this. Coupled with a turtleneck and either a pair of boots or a pair of loafers, it makes for a quick, stylish way to look both professional and cool at the same time.

A jacket, shorts, tights and crop top

Do you remember Tumblr’s soft grunge era? Did you want to partake in it but were too young to do so at the time? Now’s your chance to recapture that era. With a jacket, a dark crop top and shorts you can do so in an updated way. Besides, with how chilly college classrooms are, keeping a jacket at the ready to throw on is always a good move. It’s also beginning to get a bit chilly for shorts, so layer a pair of tights underneath for some extra coverage that won’t keep you too warm.

A long, flowy skirt and sweater

Something I’ve noticed while walking around campus is the increasing popularity of long, flowy skirts. While they are ideal for staying cool in the heat, they can also be effortlessly transitioned into the fall by adding a sweater instead of the t-shirts and tank tops that are often paired with them. If you want to wear that graphic tee you found at the back of your closet, though, substitute the sweater for a cropped zip-up like this one. 

A vintage graphic t-shirt and baggy jeans

It’s a classic outfit for a reason. A graphic t-shirt, like this Nirvana band shirt paired with baggy jeans, lends a slightly grungy, vintage look to your personal wardrobe, all the while keeping you at the perfect temperature for the constantly changing weather that autumn is known for.

A lightweight sweater and shorts

It’s never too early for sweater weather, but some days call for lighter sweaters than others. Throw on a lightweight sweater, made out of something like cotton, and you can blend the sweaters of fall with the breeziness of summer effortlessly.

@alicia_szcz  

as589820@ohio.edu