This song is very different from the band’s previous work. In an interview with Emo Nite Radio, the band describes their new sound as “stripped back” and “more revealing” than their previous work (Photo provided by Rock Sound).

Pierce The Veil returns with a new track after six years

Pierce The Veil has finally returned with new music since their last album, "Misadventures," released six years ago in 2016. Fans have been anxiously awaiting new music, especially since they announced that they were joining the metalcore band, I Prevail, on their upcoming tour in the fall previous to the release of their single. 

Their new single, “Pass The Nirvana,” was released on all streaming platforms on Sept. 1, and fans immediately jumped on it in anticipation. Recently, the band has gotten back in the spotlight with their biggest hit, “King For A Day,” gaining traction on TikTok and eventually reaching number one on the Billboard “Hard Rock Streaming” charts after ten years of its official release. With this extra hype for the band, the excitement from old and new fans alike for the new song was exhilarating.

“Pass The Nirvana” opens with a fuzzy, catchy guitar riff that immediately ties the listener in. Once the booming drums and chugging bass riff are added, the listener is immersed in a loud, hardcore song that makes the listener want to head bang along to the song. The song is heavily influenced by ‘90s/the early 2000s “alternative” music, such as bands like Butthole Surfers and Beastie Boys. 

This sound could be a result of Brad Hargreaves, drummer of Third Eye Blind, recording drums for the song and the rest of the record. Frontman Vic Fuentes’ vocals stand out here with his swaying melodies covered with a fuzzy, almost underwater-sounding effect. After an incredible pre-chorus, the chorus hits and the drums seem to amplify the guitar riff to create a booming chorus that the listener can immerse themselves in. With Fuentes’ iconic screams and catchy melodies, the song is sure to be stuck in the listener’s head. 

This song is very different from the band’s previous work. In an interview with Emo Nite Radio, the band describes their new sound as “stripped back” and “more revealing” than their previous work. Even though it’s different it is a good direction for the band, considering that the rest of their new album is going to have the same themes as were presented in the single. It’s a newer sound; however, it’s a new sound that will draw in older fans and new fans alike to the new project, which is currently unnamed.

Details of when the new album will be released and news on the next single are currently under wraps, but fans are anxiously awaiting what is soon to come. In the meantime, make sure to check out the new song and look out for what is next from Pierce The Veil.

@brookekillslive 

bp655221@ohio.edu