JT Schimizzi. Provided by Ohio Hockey.

Hockey: Numbers to know from Ohio's 4-2 loss at Adrian

Ohio garnered its second loss of the season after being defeated by Adrian 4-2 in a rivalry matchup Thursday. Adrian’s second period scoring rally ultimately cost Ohio the game, but it will be looking for a different outcome Friday as the teams rematch in Bird Arena.

Here are all the numbers to know from Ohio’s second loss:

4

Adrian scored four goals against Ohio, with all of those being in the second period. Adrian is a offensive team, and has scored more than 10 goals in five of its games already this season. Therefore, Ohio’s ability to hold Adrian to zero goals in both the first and third periods was no easy feat, but it was unable to pick up the offensive slack.

100

Senior forward JT Schimizzi played in his 100th game as a Bobcat Thursday. In the Bobcats last matchup against Maryville, Schimizzi scored the go-ahead goal, and he has overall been reliable offensively.

10

Forward Luc Reeve scored his 10th goal of the season against Adrian Thursday. Reeve leads the team in goals and has had an impressive performance since being recruited in the off season

25

Adrian racked up a whopping 25 penalty minutes, with 23 of those being in the third period. However, Ohio was only able to capitalize on one of its power play opportunities. Only one of Adrian’s goals was scored on a powerplay as well.

@ErionEmma

ee646020@ohio.edu

Emma Erion

Managing Editor