Ohio's Regan Berg (20) celebrates with teammates after scoring a goal against Northern Illinois at Chessa Field on October 6, 2022.

Soccer: Everything to know about Ohio's MAC quarterfinal match

Ohio won its win-and-get-in game against Akron on Thursday to secure a spot in the Mid-American Conference Tournament. Ohio enters the tournament as the No. 4 seed and will take on the No. 5 seed Miami. 

Here is everything to know about Ohio’s opening-round match.

Match Information

Opponent: Miami

Venue: Chessa Field

Time: 1 p.m.

Opponent Notes

- Miami finished the regular season with an overall record of 8-4-6 and a 4-2-5 record against MAC competition.

- Miami is 7-5-2 against Ohio going back to the 2011 season. The most recent match between the two schools ended 2-0 in Ohio’s favor earlier this season.

- Miami has only scored 3 or more goals in two games this season, so Ohio will need to take advantage of a low-scoring Miami offense ito prevent the game from becoming a defensive affair.

- Miami has played stifling defense this season, allowing 0.72 goals per game along with only 9.7 shots per game.

Player to watch

Sophomore midfielder Makenna Morrison leads Miami in both shots and shots on goal and is tied for the team lead in goals and points. She is a key contributor to Miami’s offense and should be the main focus of Ohio’s defensive game plan. Limiting her on offense will be a key factor in Ohio’s defensive success.

bw327020@ohio.edu