Ohio University Freshman Mijntji Ligtenberg (12) defends the hockey ball from St. Francis at Pruitt Field in Athens, Ohio, on Oct. 16, 2022.

Field Hockey: Numbers to know from Ohio's 3-0 loss at Indiana

Ohio wrapped up its weekend road trip with a match at Indiana on Sunday. Ohio failed to score a goal in its final away game of the season, falling to Indiana 3-0 at Deborah Tobias Field.

Here are the numbers to know:

4

Ohio recorded four total shots at Indiana on Sunday, with only one being on goal. Each one came from a different player including Bodhi Littlefield, Meela Koop, Mijntje Ligtenberg and Lucy Davis. At the other end of the field, the dominant Indiana offense recorded 26 shots, with 16 on goal.

13

The Bobcats had 13 total saves on defense Sunday. Junior goalkeeper Macy Lotze played 30 minutes of the match, allowing only one goal and making three saves. Graduate student Nele Graner played the second half to the match, giving up two goals but making nine saves.

2

The Bobcats only recorded two penalty corners the entire match, versus the Hoosiers who registered eight. Davis tried to profit off corner attempts in the first and second quarter, but could not capitalize on them.

The Bobcats could not produce on offense in comparison to the Hoosiers. In the first quarter, the Bobcats seemed like they would be the first to score after recording the first shot attempt of the game. However, the Hoosiers were able to switch it up and take
the offensive leeway until the final minute for a shut-out win.

Ka702620@ohio.edu