Everything you need to know about Fear Columbus Haunted House

Fear Columbus is an award-winning haunted house located in Columbus, Ohio. Known previously as 13th Floor Columbus, it features 40,000 square feet of pure haunting.

The experience starts the second you arrive, from the upbeat music and glow of the bright lights among all of the Halloween decorations, you know you are in for a treat. The event hosts thousands of guests every night and has scare actors keeping you company in line. 

Fear Columbus does not have an overall theme for their haunt. However, it is broken into two sections and those two sections have different themes.

The first one you journey through is The Summoning. You will venture through the house of a cult that has set out to summon the most demonic entities imaginable. You can hear the sinister sounds of spirits laughing, the piercing sound of a victims scream and spooky spells being recited. Each room hosts its own theme that follows this story line, making you feel like a part of a real horror movie. 

In the second part of the haunt, known as The Aftermath: The Final Stand, you will experience a post-apocalyptic city that can be compared to the horror and chaos shown in the television series, “The Walking Dead,” or any apocalyptic action movie. You will walk through a realistic city in anarchy that features a spooky bathroom in a house crawling with bugs, overturned cars on fire and insane asylum patients on the loose. 

In these two sections, you will find dozens of scare actors who are the stars of the haunted house. From their costumes, to props and dialogue, you can be sure to feel your heart race. Nothing was done halfway at Fear Columbus, as every room is so intricately designed and every scare actor's costume is so real that it contributes to the fear factor and storyline they are throwing you into.

Before you start your journey, your group takes a professional picture with spooky skeletons lurking in the background that is available for purchase at the end of the haunt at the Fear Gear Store. They also sell Fear Columbus merchandise for you to rep and other Halloween-themed apparel. 

If you are hungry after the haunt, Fear Columbus hosts frightful food vendors on site that feature Halloween-themed menu items and apple cider.

Fear Columbus is open Thursday to Sunday from now to Halloween and is open with extended days the closer we get to Halloween. General admission prices range from $19.99 to $29.99. The haunted house itself takes about 30 minutes to walk through, so you are definitely getting your money's worth. Along with free parking, a short wait time, and so many scares around every corner, you are guaranteed to have a wonderful and ghastly time at Ohio’s ultimate Halloween event.

@jillianbullockk

jb748522@ohio.edu