Ohio guard Yaya Felder (2) looks to pass the ball amongst the Ohio State Defense, Bobcats lost 56-86 in the Convocation Center on Nov. 17, 2022.

Women's Basketball: Everything to know about Dayton

Ohio (1-4, 0-0 Mid-American Conference) finally got in the win column on Saturday, and will now look to make it two straight wins when it takes on Dayton (0-6, 0-0 Atlantic 10). Ohio probably hasn't had the start to the season that it would've liked, but it has looked better and better as the season progresses, and Tuesday's game against winless Dayton provides Ohio with an opportunity to pick up its second straight win.

Game Information

Opponent: Dayton

Time: 7 p.m.

Location: UD Arena (Dayton, OH)

How to watch: ESPN+

Meet the Opponent

Head Coach: Tamika Williams-Jeter (first season)

Probable starters

01 Nayo Lear

03 Anyssa Jones

13 Shannon Wheeler

23 Mariah Perez

33 Destiny Bohanon

Things to know

• The Flyers have lost all six games to start the 2022-23 season, and their ugly start was somewhat predictable. Like the Bobcats, the Flyers are one of the youngest teams in college basketball. The Flyers only have three seniors on their roster, and Mariah Perez is the only one of those players that is a regular starter for the Flyers.
  • Dayton began the year with heartbreak after heartbreak. Dayton lost its first game by only nine points to Providence and then lost its home opener to Illinois State in overtime. Dayton was then blown out by Akron and lost another overtime game at home against Northern Kentucky. Since then Dayton struggled against SEC opponents Kentucky and Ole Miss.
  • Last season the Flyers continued their dynasty within the A-10. The Flyers won the regular season championship in the A-10, but fell in the conference championship game against UMass. The Flyers' regular season was strong enough to earn themselves a bid for the NCAA Tournament. After picking up a win against DePaul in the play-in round of the NCAA tournament, the Flyers lost to Georgia in the first round.
  • Former Dayton head coach Shauna Green's departure to Illinois was only the start of a difficult off-season for Dayton. Dayton lost its top six players in minutes. Four of those players graduated, and the other two main contributors left via the transfer portal.

Player to watch

Destiny Bohanon

In the Flyers’ two closest games this season, Bohanon was the Flyers’ best player. She went for 26 points in the Flyers’ overtime game against Northern Kentucky, and 16 points in the Flyers’ overtime game against Illinois State.

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu