Garrett Alderman. Provided by Ohio Hockey.

Hockey: Ohio earns another shutout, sweeps Kent State

Ohio is back to its winning ways after beating Kent State 6-0 Saturday and sweeping another weekend series at home. Ohio has seemingly regained its energy on both offense and defense, as it shutout Kent State in both games.

Here are the numbers to know from Ohio's win Saturday:

9

Ohio scored nine goals across two games this weekend, six of those being on Saturday. Luc Reeve, Laker Aldridge and Ryan Higgins once again proved that they are a force to be reckoned with, as they all scored Saturday. Collin Felton, Andrew Sacca and Andrew Wells put up the other three goals. Teamwork once again proved to be an asset for Ohio.

8

Goaltender Garrett Alderman saved all eight of Kent State’s shots on goal in his third start of the season. He also earned his second shutout of the season. His first was shutout was against Alabama on Oct. 1. 

49

The Bobcats typically put up more shots on goal than their opponent, but they completely eclipsed the Golden Flashes on Saturday. They took 49 shots on goal, while the Golden Flashes had just eight. The Bobcats’ defense has knack for keeping the puck on the other side of the ice, and that was shown in Saturday’s game

14

The Bobcats earned 14 total penalty minutes Saturday, which is an average number for them. After getting in some penalty trouble during other recent series, the Bobcats have been trying to tone their penalty minutes down. They were successful in that this weekend, despite Aldridge’s major fighting penalty in the Bobcats' last series against Toledo, which kept him out of Friday night’s game.

@ErionEmma

ee646020@ohio.edu

Emma Erion

Managing Editor