Ohio University Guard Yaya Felder (2) attempts a lay-up while being guarded by Western Michigan University guard Hannah Splitzley (3) at The Convo in Athens, Ohio, on Feb. 12, 2022.

Women's Basketball: Ohio drops third straight in loss to UT Chattanooga

Ohio (2-7, 0-0 Mid-American Conference) took on UT Chattanooga (8-5, 0-0 Southern Conference) Sunday afternoon and fell 67-55 in its third-straight loss. Ohio has two remaining nonconference games before its conference slate begins, both on the road. This may be good for Ohio, considering its drop to 0-4 at home. 

The Mocs outscored the Bobcats in all four quarters Sunday, as the Bobcats continued to struggle offensively. They have not scored over 20 points in a quarter since their win at Indiana State. 

The Bobcats kept themselves in the game all four quarters, but it wasn't enough. The Mocs sealed their win with a 16-point lead. 

The bright spot for Ohio against UT Chattanooga was sophomore Yaya Felder. She led the team with 29 points while adding five steals, four rebounds and four assists.

The next leading scorers for Ohio were sophomore Ella Pope and freshman Jaya McClure, whom each added seven points. UT Chattanooga had three players who scored more than 10 points Sunday, compared to Ohio's one. 

As the Bobcats approach conference play, many questions have yet to be answered offensively. However, the team is learning and growing with each game. 

@officialelij

ej358918@ohio.edu