Photo provided via OHIO Hockey. Shot by Morgan Simonski. 

Hockey: Ohio defeats Liberty 5-2, earns sweep

Ohio completed its first sweep of the semester after taking down Liberty 5-2 on Saturday night. After last weekend's loss to Stony Brook, Ohio came back with a vengeance and shut out Liberty 7-0 on Friday. Ohio's energy carried over into Saturday to complete the sweep. 

Here are all the numbers you need to know from Saturday's victory:

32 

Liberty earned 32 penalty minutes, while Ohio's 10 minutes paled in comparison. Liberty earned 22 minutes in the third period alone, but its physicality did not stop Ohio. Ohio scored twice in that period. 

25 

Hollander Thompson scored the third goal of the evening, which ended up being the game-winner for the Bobcats. Thompson has been creating a lot of offense for the Bobcats recently. He earned two goals and two assists in Friday night's game. 

8

There was only an eight-shot difference between the Bobcats' and the Flames' shots on goal. The Bobcats typically oust their opponents by a large margin in terms of shots on goal, but it was a different story against the Flames. The Bobcats had 38 and the Flames had 30.

5

Five different players scored for the Bobcats on Saturday. Thompson, Andrew Wells, Andrew Sacca, Laker Aldridge and J.T. Schimizzi each contributed to the total.

Teamwork has been a staple for the Bobcats in producing offense, and they clearly used that to their advantage. 

ee646020@ohio.edu

@ErionEmma

Emma Erion

Managing Editor