Jasmine Hale (No. 23) shoots a layup against Western Michigan at The Convo on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2023.

Women's Basketball: Ohio looks to build off with road trip to Central Michigan

Ohio (3-14, 1-5 Mid-American Conference) will look to get its second consecutive MAC win when it visits Central Michigan (3-14, 1-5 MAC) on the road Wednesday. Ohio got its first MAC victory on Saturday when it beat Miami on the road and will look to make a run in its conference schedule.

Game Information

Opponent: Central Michigan

Time: 7 p.m.

Location: McGuirk Arena (Mount Pleasant, Michigan)

How to watch: ESPN+

Meet the opponent

Head Coach: Heather Oesterle (fourth season)

Probable starters

05 Weekes

11 Bridget Utberg

24 Taylor Anderson

25 Sydney Harris

31 Rochelle Norris

Things to know:

• Central Michigan's offensive efficiency and defensive efficiency are both ranked last in the MAC. 
  • Both teams are 1-5 in the MAC, tied for last place. Every team in the conference now has at least one win and one loss.
  • Central Michigan has two top 25 scorers in the MAC: Sydney Harris and Bridget Utberg, who are averaging 16.5 and 11.3 points per game respectively. In Central Michigan's last game, Harris and Utberg had 26 and 15 points each. They were the only two on the team to score in double figures.

Keys to the game:

Central Michigan's offense runs through two players. If Ohio can limit their offensive output while maintaining a strong performance offensively for itself, Ohio should be able to put the game away in the second half. Yaya Felder also has to continue to lead Ohio offensively and keep attacking the basket.

@officialelij

ej358918@ohio.edu