5 shocking revelations from the ‘Pamela, a Love Story’ documentary

On Jan. 31, Netflix dropped the highly anticipated Pamela Anderson documentary, “Pamela, a Love Story.” The documentary, from Anderson’s perspective, goes in-depth about her rise to fame and the infamous leaking of her sex tape with Tommy Lee, and how the incident affected her reputation as an actress.

With many revelations throughout, here are five of the most shocking from “Pamela, a Love Story:”

Actor Sylvester Stallone offered Anderson a condo and a Porsche

During the documentary, Anderson recalls going to Los Angeles to model for a Playboy shoot in the late 1980s. After the shoot, her looks catapulted her into fame as a model, catching the attention of actor Sylvester Stallone. The actress said that after meeting Stallone, he offered her a condo and even a Porsche to be his “No. 1 girl.” 

Stallone has denied these claims since the documentary was released, but the documentary’s director Ryan White said that Anderson is “honest.” In an interview with Insider, White said, "First of all, everything Pamela says I believe. She's not someone who would make things up, I mean she's honest about herself. But also, she's very nuanced in the way she sees these things, so she doesn't abide by any kind of ideology. You cannot put Pamela in a political aisle, or sociological aisle, she's always surprising me about the way she thinks about things. She's truly individualistic.”

The actress was abused as a child

Anderson said that her childhood was tough with her parents fighting a lot and eventually splitting up. This incident led her and her brother to live on welfare with their mother briefly. Yet, the actress goes further into the darkness of her younger days as she tells her audience that her babysitter molested Anderson for three to four years. The actress even admitted that she tried to kill her babysitter by stabbing her with a candy-cane pen because of the agony she was in.

Remembering the moment, Anderson said, "I thought I killed her with my magical mind and I couldn't tell anybody. But I was sure that I did it. That I wished her dead and she died. I lived with that my whole young life.”

On the night of her marriage to Tommy Lee, Anderson’s champagne was spiked with ecstasy

In 1995, after spending only four days together on vacation in Cancun, Mexico, Anderson and Lee decided to get married. Before their “I do’s,” Anderson said,  "We had champagne and we put ecstasy in my champagne, which I had never tried before." 

She said the rest of the night was a “big blur,” and Lee then suggested the idea of getting married, asking Anderson if she felt strongly towards him enough to be her husband. Anderson said she didn’t, but Lee gave her a skull ring from one of his friends as an engagement ring to the actress.

The couple went through with their marriage until 1998 when their divorce was finalized.

Lee assaulted Anderson as she was holding their infant son

As Lee and Anderson were dealing with the leak of their sex tape in 1995, their marriage was falling apart as the two began having children. During a fight one night, the actress was holding her infant son, telling Lee to “grow up,” and threatening to call her parents for help. In the documentary, Anderson said, "I didn't recognize him, he went black. And then I started hyperventilating, scared.”

Anderson went on to reveal that Lee “twisted” her arm and threw her and her son against the wall. Later on, Lee was charged with spousal and child abuse, serving six months in jail. The actress filed for divorce as well.

Lawyers intimidated Anderson with her Playboy photos after she decided to sue over the distribution of her private sex tape with Lee

In 1996, Anderson and Lee decided to sue IEG for violating their right to privacy by distributing their stolen sex tape all over the world. In the documentary, Anderson said that she wanted to sue because the case was about privacy rights. Wanting to participate in the deposition, Anderson said she was nervous because of her health at the time, especially because she was pregnant with the couple’s second child, but went through with it.

Anderson said lawyers from the opposing side held up naked pictures of her in the deposition room, which Lee wasn’t allowed to be in. She said, "The lawyers basically said, 'You're in Playboy, you have no right to privacy.’ They would ask about my sex life and I kept on thinking, 'How am I getting questioned about my sexuality and my preferences and my body parts and where I like to make love when it's stolen property?'" 

After the scene, Anderson said that appearing in Playboy used to make her empowered, but the aftermath of her stolen sex tape “felt like rape.”

The actress said that she and Lee dropped the case since she had already had one miscarriage, afraid that the stress of being deposed would cause another one to occur.

grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu