Everything we know so far about Niall Horan’s upcoming album, ‘The Show’

It’s been three years since Niall Horan released his sophomore album, “Heartbreak Weather,” but the singer is finally back with new music after taking some time off from recording and touring. Three weeks ago, Horan announced his first single, “Heaven,” from the upcoming third studio album, “The Show,” causing fans to go into a frenzy.

After having a heavy social media presence for the last several weeks, it’s evident that Niall Horan has much up his sleeve for his new album, so here’s everything we know so far about “The Show.”

The release date

Horan recently announced the release date for “The Show,” which is set for June 9th and is now available for pre-order.

In an Instagram post announcing this new piece of information, the singer said, “This album is a piece of work I’m so proud of and now it’s time to pass it over to you to go and make it your own. Thank you so much for being there for me all this time and I can’t wait to share the next couple of years of this new era with you. I’ve missed you all so much. It’s good to be back. Welcome to ‘The Show.’”

The album’s creation

Five days ago, the singer also teased fans with another Instagram post, this time a video of Horan writing a letter to his fans. The post was captioned, “A letter to you all.” In the video, Horan thanks his fans for being patient with him after three years of no music, as well as wishing them all the best. 

The singer also mentioned he had been working on “The Show” for the last 18 months with producers Joel Little and John Ryan, helping him with songs he had written during the worldwide COVID-19 lockdown. Horan also said most of the album was made in Los Angeles, CA, going to Joshua Tree to get away and spend quality time with his friends and fellow producers and musicians.

Themes on “The Show”

In the same Instagram video, Horan said that his new album is a reflection of where he currently is now in his life as a person, musician and songwriter. He also said all of the songs on “The Show” are not just only for him, but for his fans as well. Admitting his nervousness about the album’s content, Horan said that he hopes his fans enjoy his new music and can’t wait to release the project in June.

The new lead singles

On Feb. 17, Horan dropped the first single from his new album called “Heaven.” A song about the uncertainty of relationships, the singer says, “God only knows where this could go / And even if our love starts to grow out of control / And you and me go up in flames / Heaven won't be the same,” not caring about the future, just the present, of his relationship. Similar in sound to his other former bandmates' newfound love for indie-pop, aka Harry Styles, the new track has already become a standout for its groovy chorus and funk sound.

grace_koe

gk011320@ohio.edu