Fresh Finds Friday: Emei Writes an ADHD love song; Geese returns with “Cowboy Nudes;” Ma Boy to be featured on Creed III soundtrack.

Happy Friday, Bobcats. Another week has come and gone, and you know my favorite part? Listening to new music. It's always good to listen to some new tunes throughout the week and weekend. 

While everyone has their favorite genre of music, we've made a playlist that will appeal to any mood or preference. Below are five new songs to get you through the next week:

“Ma Boy” by Dreamville, JID, Lute

It's official: the acclaimed movie series, "Creed," will have a third installment. These movies have some of the best soundtracks, and this time will be no different as Dreamville will produce the third installment's soundtrack. Dreamville teamed up with JID and Lute on "Ma Boy" to celebrate this fact, which is all about being with the boys and hanging with your squad. Expect "Ma Boy" and more with the movie's theatrical release and soundtrack on March 3.

"Cowboy Nudes" by Geese

Coming off their 2021 debut album release "Projector," Geese returns after a year hiatus and returns with "Cowboy Nudes." Yes, that is the name of the song, but no, it's not about naked cowboys, nor is it another reiteration of "Ram Ranch." Instead, it is about "life getting better, more fun, after the end of the world." According to an NME report, experimenting with sounds such as a sitar which comes in on the second verse, "Cowboy Nudes," comes along with an accompanying music video, which is one of those one-of-a-kind music videos if you get my drift.

“Scatterbrain” by Emei

Rising alt-punk star Emei, known for her smooth vocals, is no different on her most recent single, "Scatterbrain." She puts herself in the position of a brain in disarray like that of a person with ADHD but also acts as a love song for those who are easily distracted. Lyrics "I'm so scatterbrained, but when you touch me it all goes away" and “so proud of this one; it sounds exactly like my brain. It's everything. I can't even express how excited I am" are ones the artist says she is proud of in an Instagram

"Get Away" by Amaria

After releasing her debut album "Bittersweet" last year, Amaria has returned with a new single, "Get Away." It is all about escaping, whether with a partner or just an idyllic paradise in your mind, all behind a slow-tempo r&b groove. "I'll take you places that you'll never known / I'm thinking we can get some time alone," she sings. On another note, the music video follows Amaria on a drive along what appears to be the Pacific Coast Highway at golden hour. You can watch the music video here.

"I Made It" by Tones and I

Sharing her first single of the year is Toni Watson, known best by her stage name Tones and I. Watson discusses overcoming hardships and leaning on friends and family to believe in oneself in "I Made It." The track is backed by rich pianos and a gospel choir backing up the soaring vocals. The song is featured on the soundtrack for Netflix's new film "True Spirit" you can watch some of the snippets from the movie with the song here.

@destroyertroyer

wt005221@ohio.edu