Tracking Trends: Millie Bobby bride-to-be?

Take two love-dovey Instagram posts, two famous actors and a big, fat diamond ring and what do you get? An engagement announcement of course. Millie Bobby Brown, the famous actress most known for her role as Eleven in “Stranger Things,” and Jake Bongiovi, an actor and son of famous musician Jon Bon Jovi, have alluded to a potential engagement with some picture-perfect photos and some cheesy captions. 

Tuesday, April 11, Brown posted a picture of the two embracing each other with the caption “I’ve loved you three summers now honey / I want ‘em all” from Taylor Swift’s song “Lover.” In the picture, it is hard to miss the big diamond ring on her left ring finger. Additionally, Bongiovi posted a similar photo with the caption, “Forever.” Each caption was accompanied by a white heart emoji.

These pictures had the public speculating about a “soft engagement launch” and asking whether this announcement was too soon. With Brown only being 19 years old and Bongiovi being only 20, many are worried about the future of their relationship. Others seem to be happy for the couple and want their young love to flourish as they believe it should.

Brooke Justice, a freshman studying marketing, shared her opinions on the popular couple. She said she had seen the post on Instagram.

“She’s a little young,” she said. “I don’t know if I would get engaged yet … I would not be getting married right now.”

Justice additionally expressed concern for the future of their relationship, saying it probably will not last due to the couple’s ages and the longevity of their relationship. 

“I give it five years,” she said. “Maybe ten.”

Grace Milius, a freshman studying marketing, also expressed the same concerns; however, she believes that if they are happy then it is nobody’s business but theirs.

“I mean, if they’re happy, I feel like they’re pretty stable in their life,” said Milius. “They could do it, I could not.”

Sofie Kendel, a freshman studying wildlife biology, felt similarly to Milius. 

“I mean I’m like the same age as her, and that to me is kind of weird,” said Kendel. “But whatever, I guess they’re happy.”

She believes it would also be best for them to continue their relationship privately, as Brown and Bongiovi’s youth may strike up more controversy as this possible announcement already has. 

“They’re so young and they’re (so) in the public eye,” said Kendel. “I guess they should probably keep it more quiet.”

Students agreed this was something they would want to follow and see if these rumors are indeed true. More evidence points to Brown and Bongiovi being ready to tie the knot, like many fellow actors and celebrities, such as Gordon Ramsay’s daughter, Holly Ramsey, congratulating the couple in the comments of both of their posts. 

Many questions continue to follow this surprising announcement: When did he propose? When is the wedding? Will Brown’s iconic name now become “Millie Bobby Bongiovi?” 

“I would stay up to date on it,” said Justice. “It’s Millie Bobby Brown, she’s our age, so it’s fun to watch celebrities that are our age.”

aj205621@ohio.edu

abbyjenks18