Fresh Finds Friday: Elderbrook discusses parental love on his sophomore album “Little Love”, Tyler the creator has an Estate Sale for the deluxe of CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST; boygenius releases their debut album

Happy spring, Bobcats. It’s the beginning of a beautiful week, and you know what the best part of my week is? Listening to new music. With that being said, it's always good to listen to some new tunes throughout the week and going into the weekend. 

While everyone has their favorite genre of music, we’ve made a playlist that will appeal to any mood or preference. Below are new songs that are perfect for walking to class, working out at the gym, sitting around in your dorm or cranking out those last-minute papers. Here are five new songs to get you through the week:

“CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST: The Estate Sale (Album)” by Tyler The Creator

Nearly two years after the release of "CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST," Tyler the Creator is hosting an estate sale, with the release of "CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST: The Estate Sale," which is the title of the deluxe edition of the same album that was released last Friday. With summer not too far away, now's the perfect time to revisit the life of luxury and the atmospheres of summer vacation in Geneva, Switzerland, that paces the original album, especially on songs "SIR BAUDELAIRE." and "HOT WIND BLOWS" before, admiring the new eight pieces added in the deluxe edition. This starts with "EVERYTHING MUST GO" and ends with "SORRY NOT SORRY," which focuses more on raw rhymes than the story but is to the likes of songs such as "MANIFESTO," and "CORSO from the original album.

“The Record (Album)” by boygenius, Julien Baker, Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus

It only took two years after Phoebe Bridgers met Julien Baker and Lucy Dacus in 2016 to create the supergroup boygenius. Although, now in 2023, they released their first official debut album, "The Record," which follows their 2018 EP "boygenius" after all three members embarked more on their solo careers. Throughout "The Record," boygenius comes together on topics of loss, atheism, anarchy and Nihilism combined in different instrumentation approaches ranging from sparse instrumentals and vocal harmonies to even heavy guitar rock songs.

“Loving You To Death” by Homeschool

New York City-based singer/songwriter Homeschool has just announced his newest EP, “Just Now” which explores themes of neediness, clinginess and overall attachment to a partner. “Loving You To Death was written during the tail-end of the COVID lockdown Homeschool’s partner and he just moved into an apartment together.” In this piece of interrogation of his insecurities with the need for reassurance, he uses this as a song to convince his partner that he’s not a clingy baby. You can check out “Just Now” on your preferred streaming platform.

“calm & patient” by Jhené Aiko

After a three-year hiatus, Jhené Aiko returns, giving fans some new solo material with “calm & patient.” Over a pretty chilled-out beat, Aiko sings dreamy vocals on the theme of being satisfied with life and for those stuck in the fight of the same monotone life. Her manager Ketrina “Taz” Askew, said this about the track: “Taking it back to similar times, when we just put music out for the love of it/ Apologies @defjam and team, this one is for the Soulmates.”

“Little Love (Album)” by Elderbrook

British electronic music producer Elderbrook releases his sophomore album, “Little Love,” which, throughout 12 tracks, explores the theme of parental love via a soulful and melody-forward take through captivating grooves and Wide soundscapes on songs such as “Just Like Us” and “I Need You,” move on to distinctive vocal performances that share guidance through life’s craziest subject matters, Elderbrook said this about the album: “We all lived through such a bizarre and difficult few years but was given the greatest gift and biggest responsibility (newborn daughter)  and it seemed fitting that my second album be a dedication to that, to them, my little loves.”

@destroyertroyer

wt005221@ohio.edu