Your complete 420 playlist

April 20 has become an international holiday based on the history of cannabis. Whether you celebrate or simply enjoy the beautiful spring weather, this playlist is for you. Here is a complete list of the best tunes to listen to this holiday:

"Althea" by Grateful Dead

"Althea" by the Grateful Dead is a fan-favorite that debuted in concert in 1972 and was played by the group 272 times until 1995. The mellow, hypnotic groove tells a story that is open to many different types of interpretation. A popular story behind the song is that "Althea" comes from a Greek mythological queen, "Althaía," which means "healer." 

Sativa” by Jhené Aiko, Swae Lee

Jhené Aiko is known for her ethereal beats; this song is no different. It has been streamed on Spotify over 325 million times and follows the psychedelic and magical vibe of the album "Trip."

"Amber" by 311

Released in 2001, this song is still a banger to this day. It focuses on the band's reggae roots on its album, "Chaos." This tune is a great way to celebrate the holiday and its relaxing, memorable, reggae-pop style is sure to make amber the color of your aura.

"Sun is Shining" by Bob Marley

Bob Marley's message of peace, love and equality for all makes his music one of the most favored discographies of all time. The song's opening line, "Sun is shining, the weather is sweet," will make your day great.

"Badfish" by Sublime

If you and your friends ever need a song to dance to, "Badfish" is the track to play. First released in 1991 and then again a year later on Sublime's famous debut album, "40 oz. to Freedom," it became one of the band's most popular songs, for a good reason.

"Oil" by Gorillaz, Stevie Nicks

Off of Gorillaz's new album, "Cracker Island," this song features Stevie Nicks, who is well known for her solo career and work with the famous band Fleetwood Mac. This collaboration is enthralling and will make you feel as if you are floating.

"Hair Down" by SiR, Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar collabs with SiR on his third album, "Chasing Summer." This song is about confidence, freedom and simply "letting your hair down." SiR's vocals are smooth, and Lamar comes through with a strong feature verse, making this song a well-rounded hit.

"D'yer Mak'er" by Led Zeppelin

"D'yer Mak'er" is from Led Zeppelin's 1973 album, "Houses of the Holy." The song title is actually pronounced 'Jamaica' and was meant to imitate the Jamaican reggae style that gained popularity at the time.

"Self Care" by Mac Miller

"Self Care" is the second single of Mac Miller's album, "Swimming." It wouldn't be a good day without Mac, and we should all use this holiday to celebrate his life and the legacy that he left us with.

@jillianbullockk 

jb748522@ohio.edu