Ohio wide receiver Sieh Bangura (22) is tackled during the second half of the game against Kent St. at Dix Stadium on Oct. 1, 2022.

Football Key Additions: Ohio adds five transfers in portal window

Ohio announced five additions to its football team via Twitter Wednesday, May 17. Ohio added Kwame Sutton, Kaci Seegars, Jared Wheatley, Tristan Cox and Dane Jackson.

Here's what to know about Ohio's key additions:

Kwame Sutton

Sutton, a defensive lineman, will come to Ohio after five years at Austin Peay. During his tenure with the Governors, Sutton accumulated 10 sacks. Sutton had a break-out year as a sophomore with four sacks, Sutton had back-to-back games with multiple sacks to end his sophomore season. Last season, as a graduate senior, Sutton had career highs in sacks (4.5) and Tackles For Losses (7.5). Sutton is from Blacksburg, South Carolina, and wasn't heavily recruited out of high school.

Kaci Seegars

Seegars, a defensive end, spent two years at Liberty before transferring to Ohio. Seegars didn't play much at Liberty in his first two years, but he will have at least three years of eligibility at Ohio. Seegars was a three-star prospect out of high school and received offers from Texas A+M, NC State, Missouri, and Kansas State among others. Seegars is from Cornelius, North Carolina, and went to high school at William Amos Hough High School.

Jared Wheatley

Wheatley was a punter at Vanderbilt for four seasons, but never gained the starting spot. In a game against Ole Miss in 2020, Wheatley had five punts for 166 yards, including his longest punt which went for 55 yards. Wheatley didn't play in any games as a junior or senior. Wheatley is from Indian Trail, North Carolina, where he attended Porter Ridge High School. Wheatley originally committed to Charlotte before flipping his commitment to Vanderbilt.

Tristan Cox

Cox is listed as a defensive lineman who spent his first two seasons at Purdue. Cox was a three-star recruit out of high school and received offers from Cincinnati, Kentucky, and Purdue. Cox only played in two games at Purdue during his freshman season and received minimal playing time as a sophomore. Cox is from Somerset, Kentucky, and went to high school in Pulaski County.

Dane Jackson

Jackson was an offensive lineman for North Texas. Jackson played in five games for North Texas and was a three-star recruit of high school. Jackson is from Berea, Kentucky, and also received an offer from Eastern Kentucky.

Miles Fleming

Additionally, potential Ohio newcomer Miles Fleming announced via his Twitter that he committed to Ohio on Thursday. Fleming was last a redshirt sophomore at Minnesota, where he played in four games mostly on special teams, but his main position is defensive back. Fleming went to high school at Bishop Hartley in Columbus, Ohio.

https://twitter.com/ovosunshine/status/1659243260206804992?s=20

@GorbettBobby

bg238320@ohio.edu