Campbell’s Couture: A guide to styling OU merch

As freshmen and transfer students arrive on campus for orientation, another activity is set for students and parents alike to show their Bobcat appreciation: buying merch. It’s important for students to show their school spirit, and the easiest way to do so is through their clothing. Whether it's through online Etsy shops or one of the many clothing stores uptown, here is a guide to styling your Ohio University merch. 

Heading Uptown

While students are in Athens, head uptown to check out the OU merch stores. Stores include The Bobcat Fanstore, College Book Store, Shop Athens Ohio, Ohio is Home, Uptown Dog T-Shirts and 10 West Clothing Co. and Bobcat Depot.

If students are looking for sweatshirts and other more basic items, places like College Book Store and Bobcat Depot are the best option. If students are looking for something cropped and cute, The Bobcat Fanstore is the go-to. Students can also find lots of deals, such as $8 t-shirts from the College Book Store. No matter what store, students are sure to find trendy merch. 

Supporting Etsy stores

If you want unique and rare OU clothing, rather than what stores offer uptown, Etsy stores are the best option. There, students can find customizable options to fit their own fashion dos or don’ts. There are a ton of choices for sweatshirts, shirts, pants or other merchandise. The most important tips are to check the seller’s reviews online and keep in contact after your purchase. That choice may be a little riskier than others, but it can certainly be worth it. 

DIY your pride

For both new OU students and alum, trends for OU fashion will come and go. The easiest way to spruce up merch is DIY tricks. If you want a simple fix, cropping a shirt or sweatshirt can easily make it cuter to wear out. Other tricks include cutting the collar of tops to create a new one, cutting the sleeves to make a muscle tee or tank or even cutting sweatpants out into new shorts or a skirt. The possibilities are endless. 

Styling your pride

Once you’ve purchased your clothing items, students will need to learn how to style them when going out. The great news is, no matter what the occasion is, OU merch is acceptable attire. OU pajama pants and a black top are perfect for rolling out of bed and running to class. A cute cropped top and blue jeans are a killer going-out fit. Students can dress it up or down to their liking. 

@hannahcmpbell

hc895819@ohio.edu