Ohio University Senior, Lucy Davis (2) celebrates with her teammates after scoring a goal against Appalachian State at Pruitt Field on October 28, 2022.

Field Hockey: Ohio prepares to take on Ohio State in Columbus

Ohio is set up for an exciting in-state matchup when it travels to Columbus to take on the NCAA No. 10 Ohio State this weekend.

Match Information

Opponent: Ohio State Buckeyes (8-1, 2-0 Big Ten)

Location: Buckeye Varsity Field (Columbus, Ohio)

Time and Date: Sept. 24, 1 p.m.

Ohio State is entering Sunday’s game as the No. 10 team in the country, per the NCAA, looking dominant so far throughout its nine games played. In its last three games played at home, Ohio State has outscored its opponents 16-1. Its only loss came on the road to Louisville, losing by a score of 2-1. In that game; however, the Buckeyes still outshot Louisville 15-3 and had a 10-0 advantage in penalty corners.

Ohio is coming off a disappointing game in which it lost 2-1 in overtime to Ball State to open up its conference slate of games. The Bobcats struggled to score in that game, stifled by the defense despite outshooting the Cardinals 11-8. Ohio is looking to regain the momentum it had following its home opener that ended with an overtime game-winning goal putting away Indiana 3-2.

Players to watch

Ohio State’s senior forward Makenna Webster is currently sitting fifth in the nation in points per game with 2.78. She has been instrumental to a very potent Buckeyes scoring attack this season.

For Ohio, freshman midfielder Pauline Hartlieb has scored a goal in three straight games, including the lone goal scored in its last matchup against Ball State. Hartlieb is second on the team in points scored, and if the Bobcats want to pull an upset in Columbus, her offensive presence will be key.

@CharlieFadel

cf111322@ohio.edu