Kirsten’s Kismet: Elon Musk’s embryonic Indiscretions and their eerie implications

Elon Musk has done it again. For clarification, he did not buy another beloved social media platform and ruin its clever marketing. Rather, he has sired yet another child with a questionable name and made it everyone else’s business. 

With how pervasive social media is, celebrities are able to share every facet of their lives with their followers. Tech mogul Elon Musk is no different, and he uses media as a form of propaganda for his businesses and his strange ideology surrounding having children. It is startlingly apparent that Musk took “all press is good press” to heart. Despite the continuous claims that he and his family are private, the perpetrator of their perpetual exposure is Musk himself. 

In a highly publicized announcement, Musk and singer-songwriter Grimes’ third child was revealed to the world. The boy was born in 2022 and named Techno Mechanicus. On and off again since 2021, the couple has two other children. A boy named X Æ A-Xii, and a daughter, originally called Exa Dark Sideræl and later renamed to Y. 

Interestingly, the revelation of their secret baby came right after Grimes pleaded on Twitter to be allowed to see her children and made the remark that “(the situation) was ripping her family apart,” the situation being the birth of Elon Musk’s twins by Shivon Zilis, an executive at Musk’s company Neuralink. Grimes had the distinct pleasure of learning about Musk and Zilis’ new children on social media at the same time as the rest of the world. 

After deleting the aforementioned accusatory tweet, Grimes posted again supporting Zilis and celebrating her new son. It is somewhat suspicious that Musk introduced Techno Mechanicus right after Grimes disclosed their co-parental struggles and how quickly the turnaround in Grime’s attitude was in response. 

With the inclusion of Mechanicus, Elon Musk has 11 children with three different women. An astonishing feat on his part, truly. At least four of those children were conceived through in vitro fertilization. Grime’s daughter was born using a surrogate. 

Zilis’ pregnancy was also a product of IVF, using Musk as a sperm donor, a course of action that allowed them to frame the entire scenario as detached and not at all a human resources nightmare. According to Zilis, the reasoning behind their procreation was that Musk “wants smart people to have kids.” Implying that his spawn is superior compared to the children of regular people. Additionally, it is an incredibly disturbing motivation to have children, making it appear as though his spawn are created for the sole function of furthering this particular agenda. 

Like a modern-day Ghengis Khan, perhaps he feels he wants to repopulate the Earth with intellectuals. Theoretically, if he has access to Grimes’ embryos and legal consent, he has the potential to inseminate countless surrogates.  He could produce as many Musk babies as he wanted, regardless of the donors or the surrogates, resembling nothing more than broodmares that carry out his plans. 

Contributing his brilliance to the next generation also has the added appeal of garnering as much attention as possible. Made increasingly clear by the fact that he used his baby announcement as a marketing ploy for his book, as well as his neglecting to inform his co-parent of his incoming offspring to the extent that she learned at the same time as billions of strangers. Don’t forget about him nonconsensually sharing Grime’s c-section video with her friends and family and then using that indiscretion as another enthralling anecdote for his biography.

The unsurprising reality is that Musk cares about his net worth above all else. The more he publicizes his egregious personality and actions, the more social influence he accumulates. He has truly reached a level of nefariousness equivalent to a cartoon villain. Through observing Musk, a horrified audience receives the chilling cognizance of how openly dystopian the 1% has become.  Everyone and everything around him are pawns that he can play for an agenda that is only advantageous to him. He owns his company, he owns his workers and he owns his family. There is nothing that cannot be commodified.

Kirsten Abbey is a junior studying journalism at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. Want to talk more about it? Let Kirsten know by emailing her at ka239920@ohio.edu