Sasha Dikotla (14) Foward on Ohio University's Feild Hockey team looks for the ball at Pruitt Field in Athens, OH on Sept. 29, 2023.

Field Hockey: Ohio travels to Davidson for an out-of-conference matchup to wrap up the regular season. 

Ohio (6-8, 4-3 Mid-American Conference) travels to Davidson (6-11, 1-6 A10) for an out-of-conference matchup to wrap up the regular season. 

Match Information

Opponent: Davidson Wildcats

Location: Carol Grotnes Belk Turf Field (Davidson, North Carolina) 

Time and Date: October 29th, 12 p.m. 

Ohio will end its regular season at Davidson this Sunday, having already clinched a spot in the MAC tournament. Regardless, the Bobcats will look to bounce back against Davidson following a hard-fought 3-2 overtime loss against the MAC’s No. 1 seed, Appalachian State. It was an evenly-matched bout, as Ohio answered every Appalachian State goal until the game-winner in overtime. 

Davidson will defend its home field for its final regular season game in a season that won’t see the team participate in the postseason. Davidson finally picked up its first conference win against Saint Louis in its most recent game, winning 3-1. In what has been a down year for the Davidson program, it will look to end on a high note with a win against Ohio at home. 

Players to Watch

Meela Kopp - has had a very productive year for the Bobcats. She currently is second in the team in shots and scored her fourth goal of the season in the last game against Appalachian State. She has been very efficient in generating offensive opportunities, and it should be no different this Sunday against Davidson. 

Sophomore midfielder Sib Naaktgeboren - has been the Wildcats’ best offensive player in her second season for Davidson. She leads the team in shots by a wide margin, with second place having 22 fewer shots. She also leads the team in assists and is second in goals. Naaktgeboren will look to keep providing Davidson with the same level of play she has given all year on Sunday. 

@CharlieFadel

cf111322@ohio.edu