Bodhi Littlefield (4) Back on Ohio University's Feild Hockey team looks to advance the ball at Pruitt Field in Athens, OH on Sept. 29, 2023.

Field Hockey: Ohio looks to improve its record against the first seed in the MAC

Match Info:

Opponent: Appalachian State (12-4 overall, 5-1 MAC)

Location: Brandon and Erica M. Adcock Field (Boone, North Carolina)

Time and Date: Oct. 27, 3 p.m.

After clinching a spot in the Mid-American Conference Tournament last game. Ohio looks to improve its conference record, currently, 4-2, to be able to secure a higher seeding. The Bobcats are currently third in MAC standings while the opponent they will be playing this week, Appalachian State is first in the conference. Appalachian State has been dominant all season, only losing four of their sixteen games. With both teams poised to be entering the MAC tournament later this season, this game could provide crucial seeding for either team.

Players to Watch:

Ohio's forward, Katelyn Whittle, continues her marvelous season, adding five more goals and two assists to her counting totals of 17 goals and seven assists in this season alone. She is currently third in the country for goals scored per game averaging 1.31 goals per game. She is also third in the country for points per game, averaging a whopping 3.15 per game. Expect Whittle to continue her streak of dominant performances against this stout Appalachian State team.

Appalachian State's forward, Charlotte Bosma, has four assists to go along with her 14 goals scored this season. Appalachian State's other forward, Hadley Kuzmicky has also racked up a tally of goals, scoring 11 of her own. Expect the forward duo from Appalachian to be a scoring threat for the entire game and get heavy defensive focus from Ohio's backs.

bg326422@ohio.edu