An Ohio University Police Department car sits outside the dorms at Ohio University, Sept. 4, 2023.

Man passed out behind the wheel, burglary at Shivley Hall

Classic catalytic converter

A catalytic converter was stolen from Johnson Road in The Plains and reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. A report was taken.

Too small of a drive-thru?

The Jackson County Police Department requested assistance from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office in contacting a woman.

The woman had damaged a WesBanco Drive-Thru in Jackson County. She was advised to reach out to Jackson County.

Don’t DM strangers

Suspicious activity at True House was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

A report was taken of someone being extorted for money on social media.

Disorderly all around

An intoxicated female at the Marathon in Guysville was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies determined the female had been involved in another incident in Guysville.

Officers transported the woman to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail for a six-hour hold.

Grandpa is #1

A reference to harassment on social media was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

A resident of Porter Lane in Athens went to the Sheriff’s Office and told officers of harassment on social media against his grandchildren.

As of Monday, a report was taken and the investigation is pending.

Not fun for insurance

The Ohio University Police Department reported property damage at OU Parking Lot 111.

Officers filed a report for damage done to a vehicle’s back window.

Do you WANT to get towed?

A parking complaint on Wolfe Bennett and Lick Run Road in Nelsonville was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, deputies saw the vehicle parked on the road in an unsafe position.

The vehicle was towed, and officers returned to patrol.

What do you want him to do?

A suspicious vehicle on Five Points Road in New Marshfield was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

Upon arrival, deputies determined the vehicle had blown a front tire and the owner was not around. 

The vehicle was tagged to be towed after four hours if the owner did not return sooner.

He’s so sleepy

A man passed out behind the wheel of his vehicle in the parking lot of the Marathon in Guysville was reported to the Sheriff’s Office.

When deputies arrived, they talked to the man and found he was taking a nap.

Freshmen need to learn their limits one way, I guess

An ambulance was requested at Gamertsfelder Hall, according to the Ohio University Police Department.

The student who needed the ambulance was also cited with disorderly conduct by intoxication.

Gooood morning!

Athens County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a home on Matheny Road in Nelsonville on a report of a burglary.

The resident told officers she woke up to a man inside her home, but he left before the police made it there.

As of Saturday, a warrant was requested for the suspect in this case.

Lock up that bike

A theft was reported at Shivley Hall, according to the Ohio University Police Department.

Officers took a report for the theft of a bicycle.

@kendallkwright   

kw229520@ohio.edu