Ohio forward Barron Stibbe (22) fights for the puck during the Bobcats' game against Calvin University, Oct. 6, 2023 in Bird Ice Arena.

Hockey: Ohio looks to get revenge on Niagara in home series

Ohio had a stellar weekend in the Windy City for the Chicago Showcase. It took down all three teams it faced, with the most show-stopping win happening against Minot State.

The Beavers were ranked #1 in the ACHA MD1 Independent division, and the Bobcats were previously sitting at #11, so it proved to be quite the upset.

Head Coach Lionel Mauron believes that the team is finally starting to find its identity, which has been a major issue in terms of offensive performance this year. Ohio tended to perform as separate players and not as one unit. After this weekend, though, it looked like the Bobcats are finally figuring out their place within the ACHA.

This weekend, Ohio is back in Bird Arena to take on Niagara in a revenge match after a series of away games that ended in Ohio getting swept. Here is everything you need to know before the Bobcats take on the Purple Eagles.

Series Information:

Opponent: Niagara (11-5)

Date and Time: Dec. 1 and Dec. 2, 7 p.m.

Location: Bird Arena

Last year, when the Bobcats faced the Purple Eagles, it was the last game of the regular season, and they ended up sweeping them in Bird Arena.

Player to Watch:

Noah Holt was one of the Bobcats' newest recruits in the off-season, and he has been one of the greatest offensive assets for the team. Garnering 18 points this season, and so far, he currently has the most out of anyone on the team. His performance is similar to that of rookie forward Luc Reeve last season, who became the top scorer in the ACHA.

ee646020@ohio.edu

@ErionEmma

Emma Erion

Managing Editor