Anna Kharchynska (8) OPP position on Ohio University's Volleyball team goes up for a hit at The Convo in Athens Ohio, Oct. 14, 2023

Ohio looks to sweep final home games against Eastern Michigan

In its final homestand, Ohio (13-12, 8-5 Mid-American Conference) will take on Eastern Michigan (3-22, 1-12 Mid-American Conference). Eastern Michigan is coming off its first conference win, over Miami, to break a 16-game losing streak that saw it get swept in 12 of those contests.

Ohio is coming off of a hard-fought loss to Ball State that put them in a tie for fourth place in the conference. Ohio is 5-5 at the Convo while Eastern Michigan has yet to prevail in an away match. The last time these two teams faced off, Ohio was victorious winning 3-1 at Eastern Michigan in 2022.

Saturday’s match will be Ohio’s last home regular season match hence it will be senior night. Ohio will recognize its seniors after the match.

Match Information:

Dates and times: Friday, Nov. 3 at 7 p.m., Saturday, Nov 4 at 4 p.m

Watch Friday's match live on ESPN +

Live Stats(Friday), Live Stats(Saturday)

Player to Watch: Callie Minshew

Despite Eastern Michigan’s rocky season, Callie Minshew has been a consistent part of the team. The outside hitter has been a staple of dominance and consistency throughout the season, recording 3.68 kills per set. Her total kill mark on the season is an impressive 339, more than twice as much as the next closest Eagle. Minshew has recorded 14 and 15 kills in her last two matches, respectively. As the Bobcats look to sweep the Eagles this weekend, shutting down Minshew will be crucial.

me989022@ohio.edu