An Ohio University Police Department car sits outside the dorms at Ohio University, Sept. 4, 2023.

Bomb threat at local school, multiple scam calls

My dog ate my homework

An uncooperative juvenile at Trimble Middle School was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

Once deputies spoke with the student, the student agreed to do schoolwork and follow classroom rules.

Karen

The Ohio University Police Department received a report of telecommunications harassment in Baker Center.

An individual called multiple offices within the university to get the issue resolved. 

A report was filed.

Queen

A neighbor reported to the Sheriff’s Office that someone’s door on West 2nd Street, The Plains, had been open since the night before.

Upon arrival, officers spoke with the woman, and she told them she kept the door open because she wanted to “enjoy the beautiful fall weather.” No further assistance was necessary.

Tipping tractors

After a tractor-trailer became disabled on SR 682 near Chauncey, the Athens County Sheriff’s Office sent deputies to assist in traffic control.

Is a bomb threat really the best idea?

OUPD Special Deployment was requested to go to Alexander School District about a bomb threat.

The Explosive Detection Canine Teams were deployed. 

Halloween fright

An individual called the Sheriff’s Office to notify deputies about a scam call.

The scammer was posing as an FBI agent from Texas, attempting to collect over $300,000 in debt for Amazon.

The individual wanted to notify deputies, and officers took a report.

Just figure it out

A report of menacing offenses in Pickering Hall was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

Two roommates were reported making threats against each other. 

How sketchy…

A female chasing a child around the parking lot at Sand Stone Apartments in The Plains was reported to the Sheriff’s Office. 

Upon arrival, deputies made contact and determined that the woman was playing with her daughter. Officers resumed patrol.

Erm, hi, yes, I am a policeman

A report of suspicious activity in Porter Hall was reported to the Ohio University Police Department.

An individual was attempting to pose as law enforcement over the phone to get money from another individual.

This isn’t the movie "US’"

While a Sheriff’s Office deputy was on patrol in The Plains, they had observed many people walking in the road and obstructing traffic.

The officer stopped the group and informed them about laws regarding walking on the road. No further action was taken.

Please show law enforcement your real ID

An ambulance was requested at Treudley Hall, according to OUPD.

A student was then charged with owning a fictitious ID and disorderly conduct by intoxication.

Hopefully, it got out

A deer stuck in a fence on Parker Road, Albany, was reported to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

Officers were not able to locate the deer.

kw229520@ohio.edu

@kendallkwright