Fresh Finds Friday: New music released by Lana Del Rey, greek

Just this past week, we have new music from Lana Del Rey, The South Hill Experiment and Declan McKenna.

Here are five new songs you should check out:

“Alright, OK” by The South Hill Experiment

Los Angeles–formed The South Hill Experiment brings brothers Baird and Gabriel Acheson to the forefront. Known for its assistance on a few BROCKHAMPTON albums, the South Hill Experiment released its debut album “SUNSTRIKES” this past May and released a new single “Alright, OK.” In the new track, the band experiments with folk music and a melody you can find in any pop hit. The overall message is that some things are better left unknown, which is repeated in the chorus: “No price no way no worries, man / Some things are better left unknown.”  

“THERE FOR YOU” by greek

Virginia native greek packed up his bags over a year ago and moved to LA, resulting in exponential growth for the artist’s career. A co-sign from Elton John only added to his talented and perfected fusions of suave fresh indie sound found in his latest single, “THERE FOR YOU.” The track is all about the love associated with “the uncertainty of uncertainty” in a relationship. The track was also accompanied by a music video that features a road trip and hurdles to declare sweet nothings to a lover. 

“Take Me Home, Country Roads” by Lana Del Rey

It feels as though it’s heaven when Lana Del Rey covers John Denver’s country classic “Take Me Home, Country Roads.” Although the lyrics remained unchanged, Del Rey gave the song a more Americana style with her alluring vocals. In an interview with Harper’s Bazaar, Del Rey credited her work ethic to negative reviews of "Born To Die,” which prompted her to keep making music to the best of her ability.

“Elevator Hum” by Declan McKenna

Declan McKenna returns with a new single, “Elevator Hum,” produced by Gianluca Buccellati. The laidback song brings the sunshine of LA that was present in his previously released singles “Nothing Works” and “Sympathy.” In an interview with NME, McKenna talked about the single: “Elevator Hum" was a tune that came in the latter stages of my first trip to LA. It’s a song that felt like it captured nostalgic essence of friendship as we built a relationship.”

“scenic route” by sundial

After the duo met at Berklee College of Music, sundial was formed. Since 2016, the now-couple has made music together. Its recent release, “scenic route” is a charming summer vibe that expands on the classic phrase “good things take time.” The song is about genuinely trying your best, being okay with not being the best and finding peace within the unique journey.

@destroyertroyer

wt005221@ohio.edu