Ohio University football coach Frank Solich enters the field with the Ohio football team before the game versus Miami on Wednesday, November 6, 2019, at Peden Stadium. (FILE)

Football: Former coach Frank Solich to be inducted into College Football Hall of Fame

Former Ohio head Coach Frank Solich was named into the 2024 National Football Federation College Football's Hall of Fame class on Monday, as announced by the NFF.

Solich and his fellow inductees will be inducted into the Hall of Fame in a ceremony on December 10.

Solich will enter the Hall of Fame, representing both Nebraska and Ohio as the head coach at both programs. In his 16 seasons with the Bobcats, Solich won 115 games, making him the winningest coach in MAC Football history. Solich won five bowl games with Ohio and failed to win six games in a season just twice in his 16 seasons with the program (excluding 2020).

At Nebraska, Solich led the Cornhuskers to a Big 12 Championship Game in just his second season at the helm and also to appearances in the Fiesta Bowl and the Rose Bowl.

Solich's legacy at Ohio goes further than the results the program was able to achieve on the field. The field at Peden Stadium is now named Frank Solich Field at Peden Stadium.

@GorbettBobby 

bg238320@ohio.edu