Taylor Swift's friend group grows larger than ever

Taylor Swift is one of the most popular names in pop culture. The media always has eyes on her; the same goes for Swift's star-studded group of friends.

One of Swift's oldest friends is Selena Gomez, who needs no introduction. The two met in 2008 while Gomez dated Nick Jonas and Swift dated Joe Jonas. Though their relationships with the Jonas Brothers did not last, their friendship sure did.

Whether it be for a girls' night out or a late-night gossip session, the two pop stars are always spotted together. Just last month, Gomez and Swift were hanging out at the Golden Globes and were seen telling each other the hot gossip. Many watchers wished they were sitting in a seat at their table. 

Gigi Hadid is another star who has been friends with Swift for almost a decade. The two were first photographed together at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in 2014, and they did not take long to become close friends. 

Soon after, Hadid was in Swift's "Bad Blood" music video alongside other big names such as Gomez, Zendaya, Ellen Pompeo and Hayley Williams. Many of the cast members of the music video remain best friends with Swift.

Hadid is still close to Swift today. Last summer, she attended Swift's concert in Santa Clara, California, and she was recently spotted out for dinner with the rest of the squad. She even referenced what "era" she was in while at the MET Gala in 2023. 

Another long-time friend of Swift's is Blake Lively, queen of the red carpet. The two first met in 2015 at the Warner Bros. Movie World theme park in Queensland, Australia. Swift has since featured Lively's children on some of her albums.

In "Gorgeous," James, Lively's oldest, is featured at the song's opening. Then, on the album "Folklore," James, Inez and Betty are all featured names in the songs. Swift created characters using the children's names, showing just how close the pair are.  

Jack Antonoff has been prominent in Swift's life for the last few years, collaborating with her on some of her most popular projects. As of 2022, Antinoff has credits in 56 of Swift's songs. However, Swift and Antonoff's relationship goes past producing partners. 

Swift and Antonoff have had many iconic moments together. One of their most iconic moments was when the two wrote "Getaway Car." After the song came out, a video of the duo creating the "Getaway Car" bridge went viral. 

During the Grammys, Swift and Antonoff were captured in many photos together. They looked like two best friends celebrating all of their successes together. Antonoff posted many fun photos of the night of the Grammys on his "Instagram," and Swift was featured in a few.   

With Swift's recent romance with Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, she has also befriended some other NFL wives. Recently, Swift has been spending lots of time with Brittany Mahomes. 

Mahomes and Swift are constantly pictured on Mahomes's Instagram celebrating the Chiefs win in matching or similar outfits. At one Chiefs game, the two debuted a new handshake for when their team gets a touchdown. 

Swift began hanging out with Keleigh Sperry more often in 2021 after Sperry and her husband, Miles Teller, starred in Swift's "I Bet You Think About Me" music video. Before then, Sperry attended a few of Swift's concerts, including "The 1989 World Tour" and "The Reputation Stadium Tour."

Sperry celebrated Swift's birthday with her back in December and gifted her a blue and white ring. Since then, Swift has brought Sperry as her plus one to the Golden Globes, and the two seem to have had a great night. 

Swift has grown closer with Lana Del Rey over the last few months. Del Rey was featured on Swift's "Midnights" album in the song "Snow On the Beach." When listeners said they did not think Del Rey was featured heavily enough in the song, Swift added "Snow On the Beach (feat. more Lana Del Rey)" on "Midnights (Til Dawn Edition)." 

Most recently, Swift was put under fire when she brought Del Rey on stage when accepting her Grammy. Fans believed Swift should have left Del Rey at the table, as she was up for the same award for her album "Did you know that there's a tunnel under ocean blvd." However, Del Rey came forward in an Instagram comment.  

"I literally did not feel one ounce of negative emotion at any point in that award ceremony," Del Rey said. "It was pure funniness and laughter."

It will be exciting to watch Swift's squad grow over the next few years as her popularity only seems to be growing among fans and fellow celebrities alike.

@sophia_isabella0415

sa425522@ohio.edu