8 unexpected celebrity couples

Unusual celebrity couples often appear in the media, leaving us wondering how the pairing came to be. Some celebrity couples make sense while others are more unexpected. Some couples may have come as a shock, but it is great to see them enjoying happy lives together.

Here's a list of celebrity couples we did not expect to pair up:

Margaret Qualley and Jack Antonoff

The actress and musician married in 2023 after getting engaged in 2022. The pair were spotted holding hands in August 2021 in New York City. They became official in March 2022, attending the AFI Awards Luncheon at the Beverly Wilshire in Los Angeles. 

Engaged in May 2022, the couple have attended several award ceremonies together since. No one anticipated this pairing, but they are adorable and unforgettable. "Margaret," the 13th track on Lana Del Rey's studio album, "Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd," features Antonoff under his Bleachers moniker and is titled after his wife. He and Lana wrote the rom-com-esque song for Qualley for their speculatory wedding.

Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling

Eva Mendes and Ryan Gosling have been together for over a decade but keep their relationship private. The couple met in 2011 on the set of the film "The Place Beyond the Pines.

Gosling told Harpers Bazaar, "There were moments on The Place Beyond the Pines where we were pretending to be a family, and I didn't really want it to be pretend anymore. I realized that this would be a life I would be really lucky to have." 

The pair had their first child, Esmeralda, in 2014 and their second child, Amada, in 2016. In November 2022, she publicly referred to Gosling as her husband for the first time ever. This is a couple everyone may not know, but they certainly should.

Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz

People may not know about this pairing because the two were secretly married in 2011. They met in 1994 when they were both up-and-coming actors in London. At the time, they were married with children but would later split with their former partners. 

Although they met in the '90s, they did not become official until late 2010, when they were cast in "Dream House." The couple are still together and welcomed a child together in September 2018.

Dave Franco and Alison Brie

This couple has successfully married in both their personal and professional lives. The couple met in 2011 at Mardi Gras in New Orleans and were engaged during a trip to Big Sur, California in 2015. In a news release from March 2016, Alison Brie even said she never wanted to marry before she met Dave Franco. In 2017, Franco said Brie was "the only option for marriage."

In 2017, the couple got married in an intimate ceremony. Later that year, they worked on their first film together, "The Little Hours," and have since worked on many projects. Brie and Franco are "couple goals" in the professional industry.

Suki Waterhouse and Robert Pattinson

Suki Waterhouse and Robert Pattinson are engaged and expecting their first child together. The couple have been together since July 2018, when they were spotted in London. In January 2017, engagement rumors began to spread when Waterhouse was seen wearing a ring on her wedding finger.

The couple would go on to live together while Pattinson filmed "The Batman" in 2020. In November 2023, the couple announced their first child's expectancy and their engagement in December 2023. This is a lesser-known celebrity pairing, but the media cannot wait to see where their relationship goes.

Lily Allen and David Harbour

After facing relationship rumors in 2019, the couple officially married in 2020. In October 2019, Allen confirmed the rumors after Harbour hosted "Saturday Night Live."

They attended several events together, and in September 2020, the couple married in Las Vegas with a wedding officiated by an Elvis impersonator. Harbor even attended the "Stranger Things 4" in May 2022 with Allen and her two children together as a family. The couple got married quickly after dating, but they seem happy and enjoying married life together.

Dakota Johnson and Chris Martin

Actress Dakota Johnson and Coldplay singer Chris Martin have been together since 2017. Martin was previously married to Gwyneth Paltrow but the two divorced in 2016. Johnson has attended multiple Coldplay concerts and gone on romantic getaways with Martin. In October 2021, Martin publicly dedicated his song "Universe" to Johnson during a concert.

The two have built a life together in Malibu. In 2020, rumors sparked that the couple was engaged, but neither Johnson nor Martin confirmed the speculation. Johnson has also posted photos with Paltrow, and the two have become close friends. The media loves the couple’s understated lifestyle and hopes an engagement is soon on the horizon.

Brenda Song and Macaulay Culkin

The "Home Alone" star and former Disney Channel actress met in 2017 while filming Seth Green’s directorial debut, "Changeland" in Thailand. Throughout the years, the two have been spotted on dates and occasionally shared a cute photo on Instagram celebrating holidays and each other's birthdays. In 2020, Culkin shared with Esquire that he and Song were trying to have a baby. In January 2022, the couple was engaged. They welcomed their first child in April 2021 and their second in March 2023. 

ashleypomplas 

ap125920@ohio.edu