Madison and Meg Meserole gaze down south Court Street on Sunday April 10, 2022, closing up an eventful Mom's Weekend in Athens for the Maryland native who drove six hours to spend time with her daughter.

Calendar for Moms Weekend

Friday, April 5

Outdoor Pursuits is hosting a zip line at the Ridges from 4-7:30 p.m. A shuttle will pick up attendees at the climbing wall in Ping Recreation Center, 15 minutes before each time slot. The course includes a climb up a 40-foot tower and a 250-foot zip line. The zip-line event will also occur on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Attendance: $30

Housing and Residence Life is hosting a commuter-specific event at 5 p.m. in 160 Jefferson Hall, located at 101 E. Union St. Commuters and moms will be doing a craft with snacks supplied.

Attendance: Free

Ohio Baseball is taking on Western Michigan at 6 p.m. for a “Mom’s Night Out” game at Bob Wren Stadium. Ohio University athletics will have fun festivities throughout the game.

Attendance: Free for students, $5 general admission and $2 for groups with more than 10 people.

Hillel is hosting a Shabbat at 21 Mill St., with services starting at 6 p.m. and the dinner following at 6:45 p.m. The menu includes roasted tomato soup, assorted quiches, fresh green salad, fresh fruit and desserts. An RSVP is required to attend this event.

Attendance: Free with RSVP

The Athena Cinema, located at 20 S. Court St., is hosting two screenings of Mamma Mia! at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. The event has a special cocktail, Aperol spritz, to coincide with the Mediterranean vibe. Another screening will show Saturday at 11 a.m., with mimosas as the specialty cocktail.

Attendance: $8; drink prices may vary

Outdoor Pursuits is hosting a campfire at the Ridges from 7:30-10 p.m. Outdoor Pursuits will provide campfire snacks and transportation. There will be marshmallow roasting, constellation spotting and hot cocoa. The event will return Saturday at the same time.

Attendance: $20

Saturday, April 6

Ohio Well-being and Recreation is hosting three fitness classes at Ping. A cycle class will be held in the cycle studio from 12:30-2:00 p.m. A cardio dance class will be held in studio 219 at 10 a.m. Finally, an F45 Training class will be held in the F45 studio at 11 a.m. and requires an F45 membership.

Attendance: F45 training free with membership; cycling and cardio dance free to all.

Outdoor Pursuits is hosting a day hike through Conkles Hollow from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event includes transportation from Ping to Conkles Hollow and back.

Attendance: $20

A chance to meet and talk with President Lori Gonzalez is being held at 10 a.m. at the Academic Engagement Center. Moms and students will meet Gonzalez for tea, coffee and pastries. 

Attendance: Free

Latitude 39 is hosting a brunch with specials from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., located at Baker University Center. The first 500 people will receive a Moms Weekend glass. 

Attendance: Free glass for first 500 people with dinner, brunch special prices vary

The Black Student Cultural Programming Board is hosting its annual Moms Weekend event at noon, located at Baker Floor 2 Atrium and Multicultural Center. The event will include food, dancing, massages, mocktails, a photo booth and painting.

Attendance: Free

The Acacia Fraternity is hosting a 5k run or walk at noon at Athens West State Park, Shelter 1, W. State Street. The event will raise money for pancreatic cancer in honor of alumni brother Justin Baldinger’s grandmother who passed away in 2008.

Attendance: $30

University Program Council is hosting a moderated Q&A session with TV stars and dance moms Christi Lukasiak and Kelly Hyland at 2 p.m. in the Baker University Center Ballroom. Dance Moms is a reality TV show about the Abby Lee Miller Dance Company.

Attendance: Free

Sunday, April 7

Outdoor Pursuits is hosting a paddling event at Dow Lake from 10 a.m. to noon. All equipment and instruction will be provided and no experience is required.

Attendance: $20

The Center for Student Engagement and Leadership is hosting a bouquet-making at noon in Baker Theater Lounge. The event will have enough supplies for around 100 bouquets.

Attendance: Free

sp249021@ohio.edu

@_suziepiper