Ohio athletics’ top 10 uniforms

Fashion is something involved in almost every aspect of daily life. Whether you are thinking about it or not, you make choices daily when deciding what clothes to wear and how to present yourself. However, fashion is present not only in everyday life but also in the world of sports. 

Few things bring fans together like loving and hating certain uniforms of certain teams. For Ohio athletics, fans and players are treated to some of the best threads in the Mid-American Conference. Here are the Bobcats’ top 10 uniforms across all sports.

10. Men’s Basketball Home White 

Starting the list is a solid, classic white jersey typically sported at home by the Men’s Basketball team. This jersey has everything that represents Ohio sports: the iconic green and white colors, as well as representing the mascot with “Bobcats” affixed across the chest in a bold, green font that pops on the court. 

9. Women's Basketball Home White 

While both basketball teams sport a version of the same jersey for their home games, the Women’s basketball counterpart is just a tad stronger for a few reasons. The first is the green and white lace around the neckline of the jersey. The second is the placement of the Adidas logo in the middle of the jersey’s collar in a green patch, and not just placed to the side like the men’s jersey.

8. Football Home Green

Green is a unique color throughout the landscape of college sports. Few schools have stuck with green as the primary color for their brand, but Ohio has stuck with green and pulled it off fantastically with its home football jerseys. The green is bold and recognizable, and the simplicity of the jersey adds to how clean it is. 

7. Baseball Home Black

While playing in full black during the spring and summer months must come with some drawbacks, baseball’s home kit is very pleasant to look at. The jersey is simple and clean with a nice touch of something unique with the “Ohio” font that stands apart from the school’s other uniforms. 

6. Softball Home White

Ohio Softball has some of the best overall uniforms in the MAC, and the home white jerseys are no exception. The white and black stripes add extra flare to a beautiful uniform that is made what it is by the green stripe across the torso. 

5. Baseball Cream and Green

The Bobcat’s baseball team is home to one of the school’s best alternate looks, the cream jersey base with green lettering and numbers. This uniform nails the throwback look with the vintage Ohio lettering and green stripe around the collar and down the chest.

4. Hockey Throwback Tan 

Tan isn’t a color often associated with or used by Ohio athletics, so just for the out-of-the-box decision to use the color, the Ohio hockey team earns points. The uniform isn’t just one of a kind; it's also very pleasing to the eyes. The green and white stripes on the sleeves and bottom of the jersey are an interesting touch, and the Ohio state flags on the shoulders are very clean as well. 

3. Football Alternate Black

Football’s best look is far and away its black alternates. The uniforms are sleek and clean, while also being bold and intimidating. The darker green used on these jerseys goes perfectly with the black primary color and makes for an outstanding jersey. 

2. Division II Hockey Paw Print 

The paw print logo is front and center in the DII Hockey team’s uniform. Nothing screams Bobcats like a big and bold paw print, and the logo is super smooth on the front of the jersey. Add in the Ohio state flag on the shoulder and you have a near-perfect jersey.  

1. Softball Green Script 

Softball’s green jersey featuring the script Bobcats on the center of the jersey is the best uniform that Ohio sports has to offer. It is the only jersey to feature the ultra-clean script Bobcat font and the layering of the green jersey with a black stripe that displays the script Bobcats makes this jersey the No. 1 uniform at Ohio. 

@CharlieFadel

cf111322@ohio.edu