By Olivia Arbogast

Back-to-back losses from the Bobcats are only more bitter with injuries to two players of the starting lineup.

While Tenishia Benson broke her orbital bone after taking an elbow to the face against Western Michigan. She missed only one game because of her injury, but she wears a full protective facemask during play now.

“I can still feel a little soreness, but other than that, we are keeping the mask on so I won’t have to have surgery or get hit too hard and then it’s just all bad,” Benson said. “It’s just a prevention and a protective kind of thing.”

Benson may be suffering from facial swelling and a black eye, but center Thia Gholson is currently sidelined with knee injuries. She is day-to-day.

“She has just been through a lot with knee surgeries and knee injuries in general,” said coach Semeka Randall. “We are just taking it one day at a time.”

Randall said Gholson is having trouble adjusting to her injuries since it is her senior year.

“You have to commend that type of person who has the fight and that willpower to just keep pushing through because she wants it – she wants to be a part of this team,” she said. “And, what she can help out, she would be welcome if her body ables her to, but I feel bad for her because everyone wants to play.”

Benson will most likely be playing tomorrow night while Gholson is still listed as day-to-day.