By Nathaniel Maund

The morning before Ohio’s last match, senior Germane Lindsey walked out onto the court of The Convo and just soaked it all in. Lindsey, who was there working out, walked around the empty arena knowing he would wrestle at The Convo for the last time in his career that afternoon.

“I was looking out into The Convo, and I even went out there and took some deep breaths, just looked around” Lindsey said. “It’s such a nice atmosphere when no one’s in here, just complete silence. It’s so big, but, I was just thinking about all my memories in here. Just thinking about all the work I put in.

“As a senior, it’s like bittersweet. I’m definitely proud of my success, but at the same time I’m gonna miss the sport. So it was like a bittersweet goodbye.”

Lindsey also described the feeling of winning his first team championship in his career as a Bobcat.

“Oh man, it feels great. It’s something that, I know every year coach Greenlee said that we wanted to capture. I mean, preached it in our years, every single season I’ve been here. For four years, that’s seomthing that I’ve been preaching to the team that we can capture, and it feels good to finally capture that.

“I think it gets more respect for our program. It lets other wrestling schools know that we do have good guys that are on our team. You know, sometimes I’ll go home and somebody might say, ‘what happened to that guy, what happened to that guy?’ Well that guy might not be on varsity but he’s still doing his part in the room, and obviously it shows on the mat because it’s helping us out.

“It’s been great (laughs).”