Well, here we are again. My attempt to correctly pick every game of the 2011 Mid-American Conference Tournament is off to a fantastic start: 4-of-4 (Not that any of the first round games were difficult to pick. Moral victories...)

This round looks a bit more difficult to pick, but I have faith. Let's do it.

No. 1 Kent State vs. No. 8 Buffalo

Again, knowing my pick to win it all kind of spoils this one. Regardless, this is a big upset. It's too similar to last year. Will the No. 1 Golden Flashes lose their first game (right after Geno Ford wins Coach of the Year) to a low-ranked, under-achieving team such as the Bulls? It's an odd scenario, but I say yes. Keep in mind Buffalo already has a 25-point win against Kent this season.

Buffalo 81, Kent State 64 (just kidding)

Real pick: Buffalo 77, Kent State 73

No. 2 Western Michigan vs. No. 7 Bowling Green

I would be all about the upset alert for this one if it wasn't the Falcons playing Western Michigan. I'm not sold on the Broncos, or any West team, to be honest. But the Falcons have been in a freefall since the start of February. Beating a Xavier Silas-less Northern Illinois team doesn't quite do it for me.

Western Michigan 70, Bowling Green 56

No. 3 Miami vs. No. 6 Akron

I'm going too much chalk. I'm sorry that I'm not sorry (yet). This was a difficult game to pick. Akron stomped the RedHawks by 17 the last time the two teams played and has been to the MAC final in each of the past two seasons. But after an egregious snub for MAC Player of the Year, I think Julian Mavunga is going to show the entire conference why picking Justin Greene was a mistake.

Miami 68, Akron 66

No. 4 Ball State vs. No. 5 Ohio

This one should be a good cap to the evening. The past three times the Bobcats and Cardinals played have resulted in two overtime games, a one-point game and a bench-clearing altercation. Needless to say, I'm excited.

Ohio 71, Ball state 69

Record: 4-0

Picking seven higher-seed winners in eight games? That should be a sin in this conference. But oh well, let's see what happens. Catch myself and Will Frasure there live starting with the Kent State/Buffalo game (Would have been there earlier, but Will has a dumb marketing presentation).