On the first day of spring practice last Wednesday, LaVon Brazill donned a football helmet and took to the turf of Peden Stadium for the first time since last fall. He was ready to pick up exactly where he left off.

Brazill started the season as a primary receiver for Ohio before breaking his hand against Eastern Michigan Oct. 2.

He had been named a preseason All-American to follow up a second-team All-America selection in 2009. He led all Football Bowl Subdivision players with three punt returns for touchdowns during his junior year.

Once again healthy, Brazill is ready to field punts and kickoffs and haul in receptions.

"All three. I'm not going anywhere," he said.

Brazill remained close with his teammates during his time off the field last year. He helped guide his peers during the 10 games he did not play.

"It was hard for me, but I was on the sideline every game supporting my teammates, making sure they got everything they did done right," he said. "It just feels good to be back out here."

As a fifth-year senior, Brazill is significantly older than the true freshmen making their debut in Athens. However, he said he is not concerned about relating to the youngest Bobcats.

"Some of them will be in my situation: young, experienced, ready to play," he said.