After three innings, Kent State leads Ohio 4-0. A one-out single followed by back-to-back home runs built an early 3-0 lead. 

A scoreless second inning gave way to another Kent State run in the third. Travis Shaw hit the Golden Flashes' third home run of the day. 

Ohio's first hit came off the bat of Trace Voshell in the third inning. Voshell doubled to lead off the inning but his teammates failed to get him in. 

Through three innings, four Ohio players struck out. Kent State outhit Ohio 7-1. 

Update:

After scoring four runs in the first three innings, Kent State added three more in the last three to take a commanding 7-2 lead after six innings. 

Three singles and a passed ball led to two runs in the fourth while a triple and sacrifice fly led to another in the fifth for the Golden Flashes. 

Seth Streich was pulled in the sixth inning as Marck Paliotto came on in relief. Streich pitched five innings, allowed 12 hits, seven runs and struck out three. 

The Bobcats finally got on the board with singles from Streich, Black, Burkhart and Barnes. Streich and Black eventually came around to score. 

Kent State is outhitting Ohio 13-5. 

Update: 

Kent State has defeated Ohio 11-3. Leading 7-2 heading into the seventh inning, the Golden Flashes added four more runs in the inning. 

Four singles and an error led to the four runs. 

Three base hits and a walk led to Ohio's third and final run.

Kent State outhit Ohio 20-10. Ryan Mace got the win for Kent State. Seth Streich was saddled with the loss.