The awards are starting to pile up for Emily Wethington. The senior from New Palestine, Ind. has already broken a pair of records this season and now she can add Mid-American Conference East Pitcher of the Week to her already impressive resume.

Wethington (11-6) notched a pair of wins in Ohio's weekend sweep of Akron to bring the Bobcats to 14-16 on the season, 3-3 in the MAC. She pitched all eight innings of game one -- which was suspended Saturday due to rain and resumed Sunday -- allowing two runs on seven hits, while striking out five Zips.

Her most impressive punch-out came in the top of the seventh, when she got third baseman Alex Feltes to chase an outside pitch with the bases loaded. She went on to hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the eighth to seal the 3-2 victory for Ohio.

Wethington came on in top of the fifth in relief of game two starter Melissa Bonner, who left a pair of runners on base. She wasn't charged with any runs and gave up jus one hit in 2 2/3 innings of relief. She registered a pair of strikeouts and and retired the final six straight Akron batters to earn the 'W'.

This is the second time this season -- the third time in her career -- that she's taken home the award. She was tapped for the honor earlier this season on March 22 after a three-win week.

-- bl245106@ohio.edu

Twitter: @bart_logan, @ThePostSports