Emily Wethington continues to be a prominent player for the Bobcats as the season progresses. As both the starting pitcher and the number four slot in the lineup, she has been a key to any success Ohio has had in the past couple of games.

Over the weekend, she pitched a combined 26. 3 innings over a four day span – pitching most of the second game of the double header against Ball State when Caitlin Colvin gave up so many hits in the top of the first.

“There has been some sort of concern about fatigue this whole season now because she has been, we have been giving her a lot of innings, but that is the name of the game in softball,” coach Jodi Hermanek said.  “She can do it, and a lot of pitchers have to do it.”

Wethington also contributed to the Bobcats greatly offensively this past weekend. In the first game against Ball State, she had two RBIs and two hits in her four at bats, and in the second game, she had one hit and one RBI in her two at bats.

“She’s also a senior, and she hits well for us,” Hermanek said. “So her expectations and what she does for us are pretty high. We just need to keep her physically in tap and in mode.”

Against Miami, she didn’t hit quite as well, but she walked away with two hits in the second game of the series.

Hermanek said the week off between games will allow for not only Wethington, but the entire team to rest before they play their next game this upcoming weekend.

“Mentally we can just relax for a second and get back to some simple things,” she said. “I think that the rest will be good for us, and just, good weather so we can come out here and practice when it is time for us to practice.”

oa191109@ohiou.edu

@ThePostSports