A former basketball standout for Ohio has signed to play professionally in Europe.

Tommy Freeman, who holds the record for the most 3-pointers in program history, will play for the Worcester Wolves in Great Britain, according to OhioBobcats.com.

Freeman averaged 11.3 points a game during his senior season. He made 99 of his trademark 3-pointers to break his own single-season school record and to establish a new career record, with 259 field goals from long range. He surpassed 1,000 points Feb. 26 against Kent State.

The native of Muncie, Ind., also made his mark from the charity stripe. Freeman converted on 84.5 percent of his free throws, which was a team-high among players who attempted more than two shots from the line. He surpassed the 1,000-point plateau on a free throw.

BBL teams are limited to three international players. Joining Freeman will be Western Carolina forward Richie Gordon.

“Tommy‘s stats, and more so his game DVDs, showed me that he is a proven scorer from distance and will be a good addition to our BBL team," Wolves' coach Paul James said in a statement.

"He will be a threat that our opponents will have to take seriously. Alongside this he is a very hard-nosed player with a great work ethic who can take the ball to the basket, and set up plays for his teammates.”

Worcester's season begins in October and runs through April, with playoffs going to May. Unlike the NBA or American college hoops, most games are played on weekends.