Seitz Return

Sara Seitz returned to the field today from injury and though she may not have started, she played crucial minutes as the game went on. Her return to the midfield has sured up the team and made them stronger today, by Setiz returning to her original role, Katie Kemen was able to move up into more of an attacking midfield role and freed her up to not sit as deep. Setiz return at the opening of conference games benefited the Bobcats today as they took home the second consecutive win.

Formation change was crucial

Ohio played the majority of the game in a 3-5-2 and the game was clogged for most of the time, dead locked and no momentum change either way. The change to the 4-3-3 late in the second half made all the difference, as it not only opened the game up but pushed the game in Ohio's favor. The team struggled to connect passes early on but once the switch was made, their was new life in the Bobcats and they attacked with pace. With the three defender back line, the defense struggled to contain Eastern Michigan's speedy forwards, once Nordtveit slid back in the center with Famodu, the defense became much more compact.

25 yard winner, again

Cat Rogers broke the tight physical game in the 83rd minute with a 25 yard blast going in the top corner. Kemen scored a similar goal against Morehead State and shows that when given the chance, any one of Ohio's players can score from outside the the box. The Bobcats walk away Friday with a close win and take on Central Michigan Sunday needing more than a late goal to put Central Michigan away.