With nine October wins during the past two seasons, Ohio coach Frank Solich is earning a reputation as 'Mr. October.' 

In fact, Solich's career winning percentage in the month of October is nearly 10 points higher than his overall percentage. 

"That’s actually news to me," Solich said. "I’m not real sure why that would necessarily be. Our approach is one that kind of leads to not being all over the map but gives you the best chance to be consistent."

"Sometimes it’s a matter of luck and not getting your team all banged up," Solich said. "We’re able to recruit some depth, and that’s been able to help us, too. Other than that, it’s a mystery to me."

While the Bobcats have had recent success in the month of October, they have not had success against Kent State. Ohio has lost its previous two games against the Flashes by a combined score of 48-17.

In his final year with the Bobcats, senior center A.J. Strum is out to make sure his team does not suffer the same fate.

"Last year they beat us. It was the last game of the season," Strum said. "We had our sights set on the postseason, going to the (Mid-American Conference) championship. We went in and had seven sacks, turned the ball over a handful of times and got knocked out. We had to sit and watch Miami and Northern play in the MAC Championship, and I was really disheartened. It was sickening."

"I’m taking it personal this year as a senior," Strum said. "I really want to win. I want to beat them."