After placing third in the All-Ohio Collegiate Championships last Friday afternoon, the Ohio women’s cross country team is now ranked fourteenth in the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association’s Great Lakes regional poll.

Ohio is ranked behind Mid-American Conference schools Toledo, Miami and Central Michigan.

The Bobcats moved up one position from their number 15 ranking last week, where they were ranked for two weeks.

Fourteenth is the highest the women have been ranked since the pre-season rankings, when the USTFFCCCA ranked Ohio in twelfth place.

Ohio will not race again until October 16 at Terre Haute, In. in the pre-national race that will feature nearly 70 of the nation’s top schools.

The pre-national race one that allows teams to compete with each other on the course that holds the national race as a measure to see what progress needs to be made to secure the best possible finish in the national race.

Until the race, the team is using their time off to train as hard as possible and better themselves toward the end of the season, where head coach Clay Calkins hopes the team will reach their physical peak.