Senior Toye Famodu was recently named MAC Player of the Week for her efforts against Northern Illinois and Western Michigan. Famodu tallied two goals over the weekend to help lead the Bobcats to first place in the MAC. The award was something, coach Stacy Strauss believes was well-earned.

"Toye has been the most consistent forward on the year, and I think the goal scoring has been coming and so it’s nice see her not only get the goals but be rewarded also," Strauss said. "It’s nice to also get a nod from the MAC office too, it was a well-deserved award, the way she is playing right now, she is the total package and she’s pretty tough to defend."

While grateful for the award, Famodu was quick to point out that the credit goes to her teammates for the award.

"Like I have already told my teammates and colleagues already, I really couldn’t have done it without them. I think we as a team did really well, and everyone individually did their job, and we accomplished what we were supposed to which was scoring goals," Famodu said. "That’s just kind of my take on it, that we did really well as a team and that helped me to work even harder and motivated me really well."

Going into the next weekend, Famodu will be set to replicate her performance and push the Bobcats for more goals. She will be taking on junior defender Natalia Gaitàn from Toledo.

Gaitàn is the co-captain for her national team Columbia and represented Columbia in this past summers World Cup, which Columbia lost 3-0 to the United States. While her experience and tough defending will pose challenges for the Bobcats offense, Strauss doesn't believe Gaitàn will factor into the attack.

"She’s a defender, so she doesn’t really come into play. She isn’t one of their dynamic players," Strauss said.