After being soundly beaten 7-1 by Penn State Friday night, Ohio put up much more of a fight Saturday afternoon, leading for the first two periods before eventually falling to the Icers 5-3.

Ohio (6-3-0) scored first on the power play when defenseman Zack Barbis threw the puck behind the Penn State (5-0-0) goal to start a rush. Barbis followed his dump, won the puck from an Icers defenseman and threw it on Penn State goalie P.J. Musico, who it bounced off of and on to the waiting stick of Brett Agnew to deposit into an open net.

The score remained the same into the third period, with Bobcats goalie Fedor Dushkin making several key stops on three Penn State power plays in the middle period

.

But just three minutes into the final frame, Kurt Collins scored a short-handed goal to even things up and added another on an Icers power play six minutes later.

Ohio responded just 40 seconds later through Zander Dover, who took a pass from Mike Kretz in the slot and shot a bankhander past Musico to make it 2-2.

But it was all Icers after that, with Steven Edgeworth scoring on a slap shot from the blue line that got through a tangle of bodies in front of the net and through Dushkin. Tommy Olczyk then made it 4-2 four minutes later on a delayed penalty.

Collins got his hat trick on an empty netter with two minutes remaining to make it five for Penn State in the period. Ohio was able to get another in the final minute, as Brett Agnew was hauled down on a breakaway and scored on the ensuing penalty shot for a final score of 5-3.

The Bobcats will next be in action Friday, when they take on defending national champions Davenport at the Patterson Ice Arena in Grand Rapids.

cd211209@ohiou.edu