For the second straight night Ohio dominated in-state rivals Ohio State, taking an 11-1 win Saturday at Bird Arena.

Zach Tisdale opened the scoring just 55 seconds in, but Ohio State responded through Tyler Murphy to make it 1-1 at 6:33 in the first.

Less than a minute later, Tisdale had his second and the Bobcats never looked back. Michael Schultz opened the second period with another goal a night after scoring a hat trick, and Tom Whetsel followed with three straight goals in just over six minutes for a natural hat trick, with the last one coming shorthanded.

Jeremy Browning and Tyler Pilmore rounded out the period with goals as Ohio headed into the second intermission with a 8-1 lead.

Pilmore netted another four minutes into the third, and Tisdale grabbed his third just 14 seconds later for his own hat trick. Jon Pietramala then ended the scoring with Ohio’s second shorthanded goal of the game to make it 11-1.

On the other end of the ice, freshman goaltender Brendan Madden had to make just 13 stops for his third win of the year.

After the sweep of the Buckeyes, the Bobcats will kick off its Central States Collegiate Hockey League slate next weekend by heading to Indiana for a pair of matchups with the Hoosiers. Faceoff next Friday in Bloomington is slated for 9:25 p.m.

cd211209@ohiou.edu