Each week, the Mid-American Conference honors the top players of the week. Below are the players who were recognized for their outstanding play on offense, defense, and special teams.

East Division

Offensive POTW – Miami QB Zac Dysert

Dysert flirted with perfection in the RedHawks’ 41-13 blowout victory against Buffalo. The junior quarterback went 20/25 with 313 yards and five touchdowns. His offensive explosion tied school record for single-game touchdowns and boosted him to second place in Miami’s record books for career passing yards.

Defensive POTW – Kent State LB Luke Batton

Junior linebacker Luke Batton was an integral part of the Golden Flashes’ defense that held Bowling Green scoreless in four visits to the red-zone. Batton put up impressive numbers with 10 tackles and 1.5 tackles for a loss. He disrupted the Falcons’ pass game with one pass breakup and one quarterback hurry.

Special Teams POTW – Kent State K Freddy Cortez

Cortez set the tone for the Golden Flashes’ 27-15 win when he knocked in a 44-yard field goal on the game’s opening drive.  He went on to kick another field goal and was perfect on three extra point attempts.

West Division

Offensive POTW – Western Michigan WR Jordan White

Last Saturday, White terrorized the Ball State defense on his way to breaking the Broncos’ record for career receptions. The senior reeled in nine catches for 172 yards and two touchdowns. Along with breaking a school record, White became the first Western Michigan receiver to have back-to-back 1,000- yard seasons. White also drew to within one game of recording the most 100-yard receiving games in Broncos’ history.

Defensive POTW – Western Michigan S Johnnie Simon

The sophomore rover led the Broncos’ defense to a 45-35 win against the Cardinals. Along with making ten tackles, Simon created problems for Ball State quarterback Keith Wenning. Simon had one pass break-up, two quarterback hurries and one interception.

Special Teams POTW – Central Michigan K David Harman

Harman kicked three field goals against the Akron Zips and extended his streak of consecutive field goals to ten. The junior also tacked on three extra points. Combined, Harmon accounted for 11 of the Chippewas’ 23 points.

mm938910@ohiou.edu