Ohio remained in fifth in the latest ACHA Men’s Division 1 rankings, released on Friday.

The Bobcats had gone just 2-3 since the poll last came out Dec. 2, but were received just enough votes to stay in the fifth spot ahead of sixth-placed Liberty University on the strength of two lopsided victories against Kent State last weekend.

It was the third time in the six season polls that Ohio has been ranked fifth, having been ranked third in the preseason poll and never dropping below the sixth spot.

The rest of the top-five also remained unchanged as archrival Penn State remained in for the fifth successive poll, garnering 15 first-places votes, while Delaware was again in second with 10 top marks. Arizona State, which beat Ohio convincingly twice Dec. 3 and 4, remained in third with three first-place votes and Lindenwood rounded out the top-five in fourth.

Lindenwood and Ohio were joined in the top-25 of the rankings by four other Central States Collegiate Hockey League squads, with Iowa State, Illinois and Robert Morris all coming in in the top-11 and Kent staying at 22nd. Indiana was the only team in the league to finish outside the rankings, but did receive votes.

The Bobcats next chance to move up in the polls won’t come until after the new year, when they face Illinois Jan. 6 and 7 in Athens.

cd211209@ohiou.edu