Leading up to Saturday's game against Miami in which Gary Trent will have his No. 20 honored, Ohio coach John Groce and point guard D.J. Cooper spoke on what Trent meant to the Ohio program. 

"I’m happy for Gary, it's well deserved," Groce said. He is debatably, if not debatably, the best player to ever play here so we’re excited that we get a chance to honor him on Saturday and excited that he’s got so many of his family and friends that will be able to be here to witness and be a part of the day."

"He’s the reason some of us are here right now," Cooper said about Trent. "He was one of the first to come here and be the best as a player."

However, not all the Bobcats were familiar with all of Trent's accomplishments. 

Sophomore guard Ricardo Johnson, who currently wears No. 20, said he had never heard of Trent before he came to Ohio. 

"It's just a number to me," Johnson said. "When I came in, I thought it was open so I got it. It's pretty cool that it's getting retired but I didn't know that it was his number." 

Instead, Johnson said he wears the number to be like his favorite player. 

"Manu Ginobili of the San Antonio Spurs is my favorite player so that's why I wear it," Johnson said. "I had no idea who Gary Trent was."

Junior forward Reggie Keely said although he has never seen Trent play, he knows of his dominance. 

"I don't know too much about Gary Trent," Keely said. "I just know that he was one of the better big men here. Ohio has had a good tradition of good men."

Ohio takes on Miami Saturday at 2 p.m. in the Convo. 

ro137807@ohio.edu